Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The fool

Our pick for most underrated movie of all time: "That Thing You Do!" It's charming, it's funny, it has an exclamation point. What more can you what? Our favorite character is Lenny, owner of all the best lines:
  • "Oh, I'm not here with these fellas. I've got a pig in competition over at the livestock pavillion and I am gonna win that blue ribbon."
  • "Hey, that's oh-NEH-ders."
  • "There he goes off to his room to write the hit song "Alone in my principles."

He's also the inspirer of girlish crushes. Seriously, who did you find yourself more attracted to? The bass player? Come on! Nobody cares about the bass players and they're never cute, unless you count Paul McCartney, who is definitely the exception to the rule. It's all about Lenny and his guitar. Ah, Lenny. Whither Steve Zahn? And more importantly, whither his adorableness? Here's to you, my Erie, PA friend.

No comments: